Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Won’t Do This With Their Kids in the U.K., Unlike Prince William and Kate Middleton
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Won’t Do This With Their Kids in the U.K., Unlike Prince William and Kate Middleton

Hannah MalachFri, August 21, 2026 at 8:29 PM UTC
108

Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle on September 10, 2022.Credit: GettyThe Gist -
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s parenting will differ from Prince William and Kate Middleton’s once they move back to the United Kingdom.
The Sussexes won’t share pictures of their kids—Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet—on their first day of school, or depict them in birthday portraits.
Last month, William and Kate shared a new photo of their eldest son, Prince George, on his 13th birthday.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are likely looking forward to reconnecting with members of the royal family as they move back to the United Kingdom this month, but they won’t be partaking in the same traditions. New reporting suggests that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s parenting will look a little different from Prince William and Kate Middleton’s.
On August 20,The Telegraphclaimed that Meghan and Harry “plan to take a firm line on privacy” and “intend to protect” Lilibet and Archie “as much as they can” once they arrive in the U.K.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry on February 15, 2026.Credit: Getty
This means that the Sussexes won’t share pictures of their kids—Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet—on their first day of school, or depict them in birthday portraits, as William and Kate do with their three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.
The Telegraph’s reporting also confirmed that members of the British press “have been reminded of privacy laws and urged by not to disclose the location of the new family home nor the children’s school.” As a result, Meghan and Harry don’t plan on formally announcing their move, and will keep the location of their new home private.
Advertisement

Princess Charlotte, Kate Middleton, Prince George, Prince Louis, and Prince William on April 5, 2026.Credit: Getty
Still, there’s apparently “more to come” about why the Sussex family has decided to return to the U.K. Sources told The Telegraph that there are “a number of factors” at play.
“The timing is good and works for them right now,” one person said.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry in 2025.Credit: Getty Images
Last month, William and Kate celebrated George’s milestone birthday by sharing a new portrait of their eldest child. “Happy 13th Birthday, George,” the caption of their Instagram post read.
George, wearing a dark suit and a white button-down, tucked his hands into his pockets in the snapshot, which was taken by the family’s photographer, Matt Porteous, at Kensington Palace after Trooping the Colour in June.
on InStyle
Source: “AOL Entertainment”